BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 5, 2010

Un Poco Mas

Adding on to this weekend....

I found out ukuleles are like $24 here which is incredibly cheap! This past year I have wanted one really bad but they are at least $100-200 in the states. Don´t be surprised if I come back with one...and a hammock :)

I played bass for the first time and it was actually pretty easy! I was just playing "The Way I am" so as you guys probably know that is one of my faves. I played more guitar with some of Maricruz´s brothers, Adrian and Fabian, and also set up some microphones. They all kept asking me if I knew all these American songs, and since I didn´t know like any of them, they were convinced I wasn´t from the states. Ha!

Today I finally tried out the crepe place (la creperia) with a bunch of classmates. YUMMMM!! I had the pollo primavera (chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, ranch, etc.). It was sooo good...although a little pricer and smaller. But worth it. I´m going to have to go back to try the Nutella ones :) Also a frozen yogurt place is right next door....hehehe.

We finally started doing something today for our volunteer work! It was this Tica college girl from the organization, the guy from my group (the other girl wasn´t there), and myself. We went around campus interviewing people about their perceptions of the Calle Armagura (probably one of the most dangerous streets in San Jose). Later on, if our schedules work out, we will be doing different activities with a high school on the street. We´re not really sure! Kind of frustrating at times but that´s how lots of things are here...disorganized. :)

As I mentioned I didn´t do a thing for the 4th of July and it was very odd! Not that I expected to do anything, lol, but nevertheless. Talking with other people today they were kind of sad too. Oh well.

I think blending in in my own country was something I took for granted. Sometimes it is tiring getting ¨la mirada" the look, that says "you´re not from here". But at the same time it´s kind of entertaining. And sometimes I do feel like I blend in.

I got a 97% on my first Spanish test and I think got full credit for my 10 min. presentation! I don´t think my bio essays went as well however :) We get a new prefessor every week in bio. Last week we went to a collection in the basement of the bio building...which had every species of animals in Costa Rica (and in other countries!) Most were in jars of alcohols...snakes, bats, fish, etc. It was so cool. The dried/stuffed (however you call it) animals were a little creepier and smelled funny. But I think it´s the only full collection in Costa Rica!

Well that´s it for now but I miss and love you guys and thanks for you prayers!!
sro

No comments:

Post a Comment