BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 16, 2010

It´s Viernes, Viernes Viernes

Hola!
well yesterday was the one month mark. Crazy huh?! Went way faster than I thought, but it also feels like I´ve been here a year. Today was a day where I was sad about leaving in 2 weeks.

Today I officially went to the craziness that is San Jose for the first time, the downtown plaza part where there aren´t really roads, just a..plaza with hoards of people and stores, restaurants, markets, museums, etc. We had to meet up at the Teatro Nacional in San Jose at 10, and never having been into the city, it was a wee bit stressful trying to find it, but I managed to stay calm and just keep asking people where I was going. To add onto it, I dont have a phone or numbers from my classmates, so they would have no idea if I got lost/died. Anyways, I met up my 3 classmates (one was gone) and David and we went to the National Museum. It was pretty cool...not my very favorite, but fairly interesting. Everything was found in Costa Rica, from the indigenous people mainly.  I´ll post some pics later.
Then we ate at a restaurant and I got fettucini alfredo (with ham, and garlic bread), yummmm, American food. Then we went to this market strip thing--covered area with cool souvenirish stuff, and I got pretty much all my gifts :) Oh man, and don´t talk about all the earrings! my favorite.
Then we split off and my friend Teresa y yo went on an adventure through San Jose, just walking wherever we wanted, taking pics, getting a delicous fresh fruit smoothie, and miraculously not getting rained on.
It was a blast!

Tomorrow and Sunday we´ll be in Orosi, which I´m excited for. I dont think I´ll get my ukulele till next Tuesday though.

At the moment my host mom is making heart shaped chocolate chip cookies, which look good but the batter tastes different. We´ll see how they turn out, but man I have missed American cookies!

I´ll post pics of today on Sun or Mon!

Ok, well...enjoy your weekend! Soak up some of that Oregon sun and heat for me! (if you´re in Oregon :)
Pura Vida!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment