BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, July 2, 2010

2 for 1 deal: wednesday and thursday

Well, we all know this is THURSDAY but let´s just pretend it´s WEDNESDAY for a sec and then go back to today...hehe.

So I had a few pics for this post...but I only have a couple seconds before i leave for this weekend and so they will come later...

Only 2 weeks and already my Tica mom says "Ahhh, es miercoles!!" (ohh, it´s wednesday!)

I pretty much have the best class ever. We basically just have fun everyday while learning a whole lot. Today we played Cranium (or Genius, the Spanish version). The only sad part was the clay was old and crumbly, which is my favorite part. It smells so good. ANYWAYS! Here we are playing the game. Luckily, I was on a team with my teacher, so obviously you can guess who won ;) Probably the highlight was when he got the Michael Jackson "act it" card and performed the moonwalk dance (pretty well, i might add) and I was totally blanking for a while...was it Elvis Presley? Ricky Martin? And then finally when it got to the Thriller part I remembered 13 going on 30 and guessed it, and afterwards he kindly told me, "Le voy a matar!" (I´m going to kill you!) Anyways, on to more interesting things.

Pretty much everyone but me has seen an oso perezoso! (a sloth) They like to hang out in the trees outside our classrooms. They´re kinda ugly looking and move really slowly, but are super cool. Today (ok, thursday) in class we were supposed to write 5 predictions for the future of another person in the class, using the conditional future tense or whatever and 3 of us mentioned something about the oso perezosos! We are all so obsessed with them.

You don´t know how much a comfort your ipod is until you live far away! Familiar music just helps you to relax a ton.

Here would have been the picture of Red Lipstick Wednesday.


ººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººººº
THURSDAY

Today, I...
missed bike riding in Corvallis
realized I am going to miss Ximena standing at the door, asking "Susan, puedo pasar? Queres ver una pelicula? (Susan, can I come in? do you want to watch a movie...I just got a tv with the dvd player and now she comes in for ulterior motives :)
smiled when I learned that coral reefs are animals!
saw a gazillion trillion beautiful, unique earrings on the street right by the U. I only bought 3, and 1 hair peace. Self control.
got excited about going to Orosi tomorrow!
rolled my eyes when one of the straps of my pink backpack broke...i guess it´s been about 4 years :) Im going to have to give in and get a bigger one for school and excursions.
learned that on my next excursion i will be snorkeling for 2 hours!! akkk!

Now to class and then to Orosi! Will write soon! Have a blessed day,
Susan

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweet pea! I love reading your posts. Yea for 13 Going on 30!!Hope you have a great weekend. No fireworks for you this 4th! I Love you!

    ReplyDelete