BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 26, 2010

I Flew Through the Sky

Hello.
So, I got back from a pretty great excursion Saturday--on 
FRIDAY we drove like 6 1/2 hours (up gravel roads to Monteverde), then went to a hummingbird gallery where there hundreds of different colored hummingbirds (I´ll have to put pics/vid up later). Then we went on a hike nearby Monteverde which was a blast--mainly cuz I was with the best group! I dont know what we drank beforehand (well, yes I do...strawberry juice) but the whole way we were cracking jokes and laughing so hard we couldn´t breathe, and pretending like we were tour guides (oh, yes, this plant right here was used by the indigenous people to...).It was pretty fun, and luckily not too long. Later, Jill, Amber and I went around the rural town our hotel was at feeding stray dogs (the dog loving girls had bought some dog food) and then we hung out and ate pizza in town later that night. 
On
 In front of Volcán Arenal on the way to the hotel.

 with the group

 Hiking group minus Tere

 Lost
 
 Observing a river, apparently

SATURDAY morning we ate pancakes and fruit and then left for ziplining!!!!!
It was awesome...it was a series of 11 ziplines (including a rapel drop that I wasn´t expecting, they just kind of push you off the edge) and the Tarzan swing which I wisely decided not to do because most of the group wouldn´t have done it because it was such an intense drop and just too scary. Zip lining wasn´t as scary as I thought, except for the last one. It was really long and high over all the trees, and we had to have our right hand on this clip that was on the line, and since it was so fast and windy, I thought any second I would let go and be spinning and out of control. And then we had to let go of our right hand on the clip and put our hand (gloved) on the line like you do on the other ones to brake before you land on the platform. It was fun though, for the most part, and got to see some beautiful sights! Other people have pics of ziplinging, so i´ll have to post them later.
Well, because my mom put more insecticide out, last night I saw TWO cucarachas....one in Ximes room when we were watching a movie, and one that was dying by the window on the floor. I turned on my lamp because I was paranoid about seeing one, and sure enough I saw it. I stared at it for about an hour in fear and frustration and then saw it wouldn´t be moving. I slept a little last night :) Needless to say I am glad I only have 5 more nights. 
 How can I forget?! Yesterday I saw Jerusha, one of my best friends from Charis, who is living in Heredia (about 1/2 hour from San José) for a YEAR studying bio. I met up with her in San José, we had lunch, and then I took her to my house and it was good to catch up. I´ll get to visit her in Heredia before I leave. It was so surreal and good to actually get to see a good friend.
 Teatro Nacional...the meeting place
Waiting, waiting!
I took her back to San José and took my first taxi by myself on the way home! I didn´t know how dang expensive it is. Also I think I lost my coin purse, probably in the taxi. However, nothing happened to me as I was wandering around San José at night :)
Ok, well until next time,
Súsan

P.S. This is my ukulele in cash...which I will be getting TODAY or TOMORROW :)







You should be proud I was brave enough to even take this pic

No comments:

Post a Comment